Monday, May 24, 2010

Slow Progress

Here I am slowly progressing through the minimum I need to have done to start my block adventure. This week I finished the last block for the BOM that I've been hand piecing. Now I just need to finish assembling that top and get the church quilt top assembled and I can begin. That should take about another week or so. Maybe.

The problem I seem to be running into is that I don't get to spend as much time in my family room/quilt studio as I used to. Having one's daughter graduate from college and return home to live while she attends grad school to earn her MSW while she can still be covered by one's insurance is a mixed blessing. Her room is downstairs off the family room so she has always considered (as have we, I must admit) that part of the house her own. I just sort of creeped in while she was away at school. Now I just need to remember to take my earphones for my iPad when I go down to work so I don't disturb her. Sigh.

But that will not deter me from working on these quilts, and hopefully she will find a part time job soon so that I won't feel like I'm disturbing her too much.