First, I sewed a large triangle to the triangles I made out of the squares yesterday. The picture is below.
Next I joined one of those sections to a square, and then joined another of the sections to one like it. I made two of those strips. (Good thing there are pictures because I seem to have done an awful job of describing what I did.)
Then I sewed the remaining two sections to the remaining square, one on each side this time.
Finally, all three strips went together to complete the block as you see it below. Here's the strange thing: I have positioned this block so that it matches the picture in the book. If you rotate it 90 degrees clockwise, you get the block the way it is pictured when it is called Harrison. Just so you can picture it, I have rotated it below the Cat's Cradle picture.
Tonight I got to do some hand quilting and cut the fabric for the next block which is called Centennial. I also cut some fabric to turn some of these blocks into a table runner. I also chose three blocks to use in the table runner. I'm not sure which I'll work on at work tomorrow, but it will be fun to find out!