Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Finished Chain of Squares

Yes, I finished the block today. First, I finished the center section:


Yes, it really looks like one end is narrower than the other. I actually lined up the sides by lining up my quarter inch line with the points of the squares. It was not fun. But using my new Perfect Press iron on the seams was fun. It really is meant more for appliqué, but it worked fine for the seams.


You may remember that I mentioned that the pattern calls for two different dark fabrics, one for the triangles around the squares and one for the side strips. Since I like my dark fabric so much, I opted for just the one dark fabric. I don't think I am unhappy with it, but I do see why one might want to do it the other way. Maybe.

Next up is Clay's Choice. I don't know why, but I have been seeing this block various places lately and am therefore quite excited to make it. Except for the cutting. Of course.

For the next few days my sister will be visiting. I'm not sure how much quilting or posting I will actually be doing in that time. We will just have to wait and see. I do know that we have to shop for a new microwave. Ours died yesterday. It was only 10 1/2 years old. Why would it die so young? And why is it that the Consumer Reports rating doesn't square with the online reviews from actual purchasers? Researching this is being no fun at all!

Quilt on!