Saturday, January 22, 2011

Why Is It?

Why is it that I can think of lots of things to blog about when I am nowhere near my computer? Why is it that I have a million great ideas and they all disappear? Age?

Anyway, today is History-of-Chain-of-Squares Day. So here is everything I know about this block:  Nothing. I couldn't find any history, so I can only assume it as an original Marsha McCloskey block. So, this is a very uninteresting post from that standpoint.

I will be making this block in two colors, one light and one dark.  The photo in the book uses two different dark fabrics. I'm sticking to just two fabrics, one light and one dark, because I think it will look more dramatic. We'll see.

I had a fairly productive day on Thursday - cut the fabric for two blocks - Chain of Squares and the American Beauty BOM #6. I also did several loads of laundry, but that was less fun.  I read several chapters of The Help (which I finished yesterday and returned to the library today).

Speaking of that book, it is amazing. I recommend it. It's a well-written novel about Southern white women and their help in 1963 and 1964. I loved the way that Skeeter (who will be played by Emma Stone in the movie) gradually changes her view of the culture around her, how all the women do. Read it if you can. Before you see the movie set to be released on August 12.