Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cross Country

One of the great things about my iPad is the fact that I can use it to post even when the electricity is out at my house. (It is bright and sunny and there is no wind, so I'm not sure why our electricity is out, but it is.)

I found no information about the Cross Country block or the next one, Crossroads to Jericho, in The Quilter's Album of Patchwork Patterns: 4050 Pieced Blocks for Quilters or on the Internet. I did find patterns for Crossroads to Jericho, which I will link once the power is back.

I found one disadvantage to the iPad, which is that I can't upload pictures from my iPad. I think it is probably because Blogger looks for hard drive storage for the photos, but the iPad only has flash storage. I think it might be a good idea if Blogger updated that since the movement seems to be away from hard drives as a storage space. Anyway, the electricity is back now, so I can upload the Cross Country pictures.


Step one was to make two of those strips above.


Step two  was to make the center section as seen above here.


 Surprise! Step threes was to put them together. See how quickly this went?


Step four was to join some more strips to the center I just made. Here you can see my secret (not anymore) shame. I don't like to cut off all the selvages and here I didn't quite cut off enough, as you will see shortly.


Step five was to make two more strips, larger ones, of course.

Step six was to put them all together. If you look at the top, you can see where I didn't cut off enough selvage to make it disappear. I really have to get better at that.