Monday, May 23, 2011

What Have I Been Doing?

I haven't been posting, that's four sure!

These pictures show a project that a friend and I organized for our local MOPS group. For their craft one day they hand pieced some blocks for a child's quilt/crib quilt. I have been finishing the unfinished blocks.


The picture blocks are from the Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See panel by Eric Carle. The four patch and solid blocks are from Fizz/Under The Big Top.


Tonight a friend and I laid out the blocks on the floor of the empty master bedroom in my house. Next step will be to hand piece the rest of the quilt top. Then we will have it machine quilted and it will be auctioned off at the December Lottie Moon Auction. (We decided machine quilting might be a better choice than hand quilting for a quilt that might need lots of washing.)


I did cut the next block (number 7) for my American Beauty Block of the Month. I still haven't cut the next block for the 120 Blocks project, but soon now. This week I'm working a job that doesn't give me time for piecing, but I do need to get back to this soon!
Enhanced by Zemanta