Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Life's Full of Tough Choices, Isn't It?

Let me say right up front that I may be borrowing trouble here. I don't know that I'll really have any tough choices to make today, but I don't really want to be caught unprepared. With that disclaimer, off we go!

Yesterday, I finally took my machine to the doctor. Today after 2, I get to call back and get the estimate. Now, maybe you know what my dilemma is.

I bought this machine when I took my first quilting class 7+ years ago. It is a White Quilter's Star 1760 and I paid about $300 for it. The tension on it has never been quite right, which, until recently after lots of tension research, I thought was my problem, not the machine's.

So, of course, the dilemma is: how much do I pay to fix this machine? How much is it worth? If I knew for sure that I still have a job come fall (and I won't know the answer to that for at least another week), this would be a no brainer. But I don't. Sigh.

Any suggestions, anyone? I sort of figure that if the repairs are $100 or less, I go for it. After that it gets very murky. HEEELLLLLLLP!