Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Beginning Double Dutch

Yes, today I began to piece Double Dutch. Last night I cut these pieces:


Yes, lots and lots of triangles. I don't know about you, but this many triangles spells trouble to me - and Flying Geese. So today I pieced 12 Flying Geese Units. Grrrrr!

These are the biggish Flying Geese:


In spite of only being finger pressed, those don't look too bad because they are larger. The next two batches are smaller and obviously there are some Flying Geese that are waving in each of these pictures.



Tomorrow I still have some half square triangles to sew together and the assembling of those with all of these Flying Geese to finish the block. I'm thinking I would have named this block pattern something else like Vexing Geese or Cranky Quilter or Wild Geese Take Over the World. When I finish it tomorrow, you can let me know what you think it should be called. (Cooked Christmas Goose?)

Quilt on!