Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Productive Day!

Today I completed Block 10 of the American Beauty BOM. It went very smoothly, and I do like way it looks now. (Pictures following below.) I also completed the main body of a baby quilt for some friends (no pictures until later) and finished sewing together the last of the batik strips for my Split Rail Lattice quilt. And I cut the pieces to sew together the Double Four Patch Block, which is the next block in the 120 Blocks project. I had a very quilty day! On to the pictures!

First the good news pictures - the block assembly. The half square triangles I made last week and sewed to the squares were joined to make new squares.

Next, the squares were sewn to the lovely pink and white strips.

The green strips which were paired with the other pink and white strips were sewn to the yellow and green center section.

 And last, but not least, the three resulting strips were sewn together to finish Block 10. I think this is a very attractive block. I might even make it again some time.

Now for the bad news. My machine is still acting up. I kept sewing with it anyway, hoping that the new needle and a fresh bobbin would help, but although it looks better, the stitches are still not right. What you see in the following pictures are the bobbin side of the seam. Yes, I had changed the upper tension, but it does not seem to make much difference. Sigh. I guess I may not be trying to quilt either of the baby quilts on my machine. Sigh.