Monday, December 12, 2011

Miscellaneousness

I would like to thank everyone who sympathizes with my disappointment with the whole FabShop Hop thing. Even if you didn't leave a comment, I appreciate your sympathy or empathy or something.

So here I am at work (actually having a busy day, comparatively speaking) without anything to sew. I think the next block I cut (hopefully tonight) will be the last block of the American Beauty BOM. That way at least I will have all the blocks pieced even if I don't have the sashing done or the whole top assembled by the end of the year. That will at least keep me from feeling like a total failure in meeting that particular goal this year.

If I have some extra time today, I will be checking out videos on paper piecing so that I can get to work on my niece's wedding quilt. I need to get it finished in time to have it longarmed by mid-May, so.....  I have never paper pieced before so I am a bit nervous. Add to the fact that the pattern is originally for only a 40" x 40" quilt, and I have been doing some major math since I didn't want to just double the size of the blocks. The pattern is Woven Double Wedding Ring by Linda from Paper Panache. Linda very generously gave me permission to make as many copies of the foundations as I need to complete the quilt in the size I need. You can be sure that if I find I like paper piecing, there are more of Linda's lovely patterns that I may try out! Not only is she generous, but there are several of her patterns that I find very enticing. (Can patterns entice? I know fabric does!)

Quilt on!