Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wovens

So this is just a brief post to catch you up on what I've been doing lately.

Mostly at home I've been working on finishing the quilting on this:


I am actually on the last border row so it looks more like I will be done with the hand quilting by tomorrow! Yay!

I have also done my very first paper piecing:




I still have a long way to go, but it is a start!

At work, I have been pretty busy, but I did manage to complete 48 of these:



Now I need to trim them up and attach them to the 12 blocks of the American Beauty BOM.

So far, you may be wondering what the title of this post means. Well, now you get to find out!

The other day I was thinking about the three quilts that have taken up most of my time this year: Janni's Woven Star (for which the pattern was named Woven Star), the church quilt (for which the pattern is named Woven Links), and the quilt being paper pieced for my niece's wedding (for which the pattern is named Woven Double Wedding Ring). Anyone else see a trend here? It makes me wonder if there is something I am supposed to be learning from all this. Or is it just a weird coincidence. After all, I didn't chose the pattern for any of these by myself. 

What do you think?