Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bloggers' Quilt Festival


Amy's Creative Side


I have never done this before, but I suppose there needs to be a first time for entering this quilt festival. The biggest problem I had is choosing which quilt to show. My first thought was that I would choose Megan's & Madison's Woven Double Wedding Ring because it is my most recent finish - but it was also my most recent blog post, so that seemed a tad redundant! So, instead, I decided to present my Nine Patch Lattice which was adapted from this pattern by Elizabeth Hartman at Oh! Fransson! I say adapted because I was lazy and wanted to use jelly roll strips instead of cutting 3 1/2" strips for the blocks. And I wanted to make a larger quilt. So math was the order of the day.

First, sewed the strips together.


Then I sliced them like this:


Then I made some Nine Patch Blocks.


Next, I laid out a top, alternating with some of my beloved Fairy Frost fabric!


Here is the completed top on the railing protecting my basement stairs - one of my favorite quilt hanging spots.


And here it is in its natural habitat, which is our oldest daughter's room/guest room.