Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Project Progress

Before I start this, let me remind you to go check out The Blogger's Quilt Festival if you haven't already. As I write this, there are 432 quilts submitted and it is not too late to enter yours! Go for it.

I made a little progress on a couple of projects over the weekend. First, I did some hand quilting in the border of my 2009 Designer Mystery BOM. I'm almost to one end. Crosshatching is nice, straight quilting, but when the lines are only 1/2" apart and your quilt is 78" wide, it takes a while.

During the Saturday night sports debacle I finished hand piecing block 2 of the 2011 Designer Mystery BOM. I'm proud of how it turned out.


I also added two more rows to the Rail Fence Checkerboard, bringing the total so far to 6 rows. There will be a total of 13 rows when it is done. I'm really enjoying its looks.


I also cut some more of the strip sets into 6 1/2" blocks. I hadn't completed that originally because I was concerned I wouldn't get enough sets if I changed my mind and wanted to make a nine patch. The next two rows are on the design wall. I'll get the rest up by the end of tomorrow, I hope.

That's it for today! Except to say Happy Birthday to my lovely eldest daughter! Happy birthday, Janni!

Quilt on!